Lenovo Thinkpad W500 turning off the Integrated Camera
The Lenovo ThinkPad W500 has a built in integrated camera that is useful for video sharing and day to day basic video interaction. But I use W500 has a work laptop at home and Office and have better quality Audio/Video system that means the W500 camera is never used.
Turning off any unwanted device is a very good way to conserve battery and the camera is no exception. There are multiple was to turn the camera off.
- Use the Device manager and disable the device (Control panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager) or devmgmt.msc
- Use hardware profiles and enable or disable device for a particular profile
- Turn off the Integrated Camera in the BIOS (It is under Security Settings on W500)
I have turned off the device in the BIOS since I no longer use it.
Any of these steps can be used to turn off the other unwanted devices. This is especially useful when you are running on battery and want to conserve battery.
Other devices that can be turned off to save power include CD/DVD Drive, Smart Card reader, WiMax, Fingerprint reader.
No comments yet.
- Minimized Cisco VPN Client on Windows 7
- Extracting from Nokia Backup file .nbu
- Lenovo Thinkpad W500 turning off the Integrated Camera
- Command line control of Bluetooth on IBM T43, T60 , W500 …
- Remove/Delete SharePoint Lists in Outlook 2007
- Outlook Taskbar – display tasks from multiple pst (personal folders)
- Customize SQL Plus prompt – Part 2
- Customize SQL Plus prompt